How Can We Help?
How To: Set up Multiple Choice Questions
In response to a question (that may include an image) the respondent chooses from multiple answers. There are two types of multiple choice questions – single answer and multiple answer.
Setting up multiple choice questions
- In the Question Bank, select the desired question category, then click Create a new question… and choose Multiple choice. The Adding a question screen will open.
- Give the question a descriptive name – this makes it easy to identify it in the question bank. The question name is not visible to students.
- Enter a passage of text into the Question text field. Images, audio, and video can also be inserted into this field using the HTML editor toolbar.
- Set the Default question grade by entering a numerical value (i.e. the maximum number of marks for this question).
- Choose whether students can only select one answer or multiple answers
- Choose whether to shuffle the answer options
- Write the first answer in the Choice 1 text field. This will be one of the possible answers that students can select. In addition, select a grade percentage for this answer, 100% to mark it as the correct answer. Selecting values less than 100% will assign partial credit. Fill in the rest of the response choices in the rest of the form. Any unused areas will be ignored. Note: At least one of the choices needs to be marked as 100%.
- Click Save changes to add the question to the category.